[All Platforms] Implement Chat System to allow more communication on Spotify and widen its use!

As Spotify continues to grow, as well as there are more music and functions in Spotify, for example being able to listen to music together and see which song or playlist your friend is listening to, maybe it would be promising to develop a chat system.

I have previously read that this suggestion have brough forth about 10 years ago, but was declined. However, Spotify is very different today and music has become much more accessible compared to before. I think sharing music can be even more accessible. By having a chat system where you can chat and send song suggestions to your friends would widen the app's use. This can make the app a bigger part of your life, which I guess is positive for the business. An example is how TikTok, an app used for watching short videos, implemented a chat system widely used today to share experiences with your friends. I think this can be a great idea, but should do a survey to make sure that it's as good as I think it will be.

Listening synchronously on Spotify should also be available, not only through Discord.

Updated on 2021-02-04

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

Similar ideas have already been suggested - feel free to add your vote to them below:

More info on how to search for existing ideas in the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Happy listening 🙂

0 Likes
Comments
Xenia
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2021-02-04

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

Similar ideas have already been suggested - feel free to add your vote to them below:

More info on how to search for existing ideas in the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Happy listening 🙂

Related Ideas