Announcements

[All Platforms] Improved Private Session Mode

As someone who has been using Spotify for years now, I must say that it is by far my favorite music streaming service of choice after having tried other services out. One of the things that makes Spotify stand out from other services is that the playlists that they create for you are very useful for discovering and listening to new music. For example, the Daily Mixes that they create, or the Discover Weekly. One issue that I have ran into repeatedly is that when listening to music for falling asleep, that music then affects all of my recommendations, and especially impacts the End of Year most listened to songs. Spotify would be greatly improved if the Private Session Mode had an option so that music listened to during that session does not affect the Spotify algorithm for the user. It can be frustrating as a user that listens to Spotify's selection of sleep playlists when your Daily Mixes are then changed, and your end of the year playlist becomes a smorgasbord of sleep music that you never were actively listening to. 

Updated on 2020-08-17

Hey @themosesmonroe,

We haven't heard back from you in a while, so we're going to close this idea now.

Feel free to submit a new idea - just make sure to familiarise yourself with our guidelines first, as well as including any additional info we requested in our last post.

Cheers!

0 Likes
Comments
Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11
Status changed to: Need more information

Updated on 2020-08-10

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. 

Actually the songs you listen to on Spotify, if the Private Mode is activated, don't influence your music recommendations or your music taste for algorithms. Consequently, it won't affect your Wrapped Year...

Knowing that, to make sure we are on the same page, if you want to go ahead with this idea, please give us more information about it, making it more clear.

Thanks in advance! 😊

Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2020-08-17

Hey @themosesmonroe,

We haven't heard back from you in a while, so we're going to close this idea now.

Feel free to submit a new idea - just make sure to familiarise yourself with our guidelines first, as well as including any additional info we requested in our last post.

Cheers!