[All Platforms] Kids Mode - Interface and Functions for Children

Hi there needs to be a kid app I can't belive this has been asked for for several years now and it hasn't been implemented. All it need to be is access to pre made playlists made or selected by the parents. All the kids need to do is open app and then there is just pictures relating to the playlists my kids are under 5 but they love there songs to sing along to. There shouldn't be any need to make fake emails and register new spotify accounts I pay for family I would like my family to be able to listen to music. The ball has been dropped. I don't want to change settings a kid specific app please it's been long enough. Thanks 

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2019-05-09

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form :)

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-06-14

Marked as new idea.

czart8
Casual Listener

It would be also great if kids mode won't change my suggested songs or artists. I played a lot of baby songs and now spotify suggests only lullababies :(

It's frankly ridiculous that this isn't implemented already. I have a 5yo and a 7yo who have no need for an email address or to lie about their age and therefore cannot seemingly register as members of our family. They simply want to listen to their playlists (which of course are on my account currently) without them stopping my music playing. I have a a family premium with up to 6 members, but only use 2 of them. To suggest that there are not 50 members who wish to have this functionality is also ridiculous. I know approximately 10 friends who are currently bodging their accounts so that their "underage" kids can listen to bedtime music. Not everyone has the time to trawl message boards and find all the different suggested implementations of what should be core family functionality. I've seen about 10 variations and upvoted all of them, but it's a losing battle if each thread is constantly closed or marked as too old.

If you PROACTIVELY sent an email to all premium family users with a straight yes/no question that said "would you utilise functionality that allowed your under 13s to have an account (perhaps with filter restrictions or whatever) so that they can listen to music on a different device without interrupting your streaming", I would bet my house on you receiving THOUSANDS of positive replies.......

erickajen
Casual Listener

im honestly annoyed that more people arent voting on this. 
they probably just lie about their kids ages and let them have free reign of the app. 

Agreed. There is no way that there aren't 50 members who think this would be a good idea. Not sure why Spotify are shying away from it. I'm having to impartially tell friends and colleagues with kids that it's not ideal for their needs. It's bound to be costing them revenue in missed/lost subscriptions!

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2019-05-09

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form :)

Have a nice day!

Luke