Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Light Mode option

Hi,

The new white text on black design physically hurts my eyes and gives very bad ghosting (i.e. persistent image like those in optical illusions that make you stare at particular color combinations and then look away). I know I'm not the only one with this issue because I've researched it in the past. Without an option to switch back to the old design (White background/black text), I'll need to delete my Spotify account and find another service. Please add an option to switch between the two (because I know many prefer black backgrounds). Myself and a host of others, however, cannot use these color combinations. Please let me know if there is a work-around; it would be much appreciated. It's basically unusable to me in it's current state.

~V

Updated on 2023-03-18

Hey folks,

This idea has been moved to a wrong place in the forum but is now back in its place.

We're keeping the status of Not Right Now as we still don't have any immediate plans to implement this, however, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status if we have any news to share.

Thanks!

Comments
fsaenzg

Same here. Considering now on changing my streaming platform until this option is available. 

cheetahskita

I would love to see a light mode option. My lenovo laptop automatically adjusts the screen brightness based on the white balance of the current screen, so the screen is constantly auto-adjusting whenever I switch to/from spotify. If spotify had a light mode, then this wouldn't happen.

lewis144
Spoticrap doesn't care about us. Best you use another service, or at least stay on a free account with an ad blocker. These muppets don't deserve our custom.
sourcreambbq

kind of ableist of spotify to not care about their users with vision problems tbh

lewis144
Just another greedy company in the world
punyrock

Still waiting for the day Spotify gets a light mode.

lewis144
That will be never
reaganperiod

445 weeks later and still no light mode. There's no way adding it would be that difficult.

zombieman81

I "gave up" on Spotify because of their tone deaf attitude to users, cancelled my Spotify Premium and subscribed to Deezer... Thought I'd check back and here we are last word from Spotify was a year ago saying they were aware this was a popular request and yes it was possible but no they're not going to implement it...

lewis144
It also isn't difficult for people to stop giving these aholes money - I haven't given them anything at all and never will