[All Platforms] LineIn For Spotify For Artists (LineIn Part II)

LineIn for Spotify For Artist Managers,

Simliar to the previous LineIn feature but only available for the Managers of Spotify For Artist pages.

As the 'Report a Problem with your music' feature the people with Spotify For Artist acces will be able to report Metadata corrections for their own or material related to their artist/s. 

As a Spotify For Artists manager myself I see a lot of material where some of my artists are not credited correctly (maily as remixers or featured artists), and it will be a great help for me to have a more direct way of communication with the Spotify employees reporting such problems.

Also, coming from within a Spotify For Artist page, the metadata edit suggestions will  be more credible (In addition the Spotify For Artists managers will be able to provide additional sources of verification - like Discogs/Musicbrainz links)

Once a new edit has been suggested and verified by the Spotify team, they will be able to add a credit to a specific track (remixer, featured artist, writer, composer) and the track will now be a part of the stats for that specific artist/s and serve as a stronger baseline for Spotifys algorithms - discover weekly, release radar. Overall benefit listeners, artist, labels, Spotify.

Best,

MariusEJ

Spotify Coordinator

Updated on 2019-12-28

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active and recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request I encourage you to post your idea again in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion!

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-04-30

Marked as new idea.

Composer

1) Also, the Spotify For Artists managers should be able to edit the arwork of their releases (one or twice)..- for the art to look the best on Spotify. Sometimes the format/dimensions of the art does not fit Spotify's design and it will be great to be able to correct this from within Spotify For Artists directly. Atm this is often a comprehensive task to do by the distributors, replacing artwork.

2) Futhermore the Spotify For Artists Managers should be able to sort their discography, so that the releases will appear in their correct sections. Way too often a single of a certain lenght is placed in the album section (Im aware the Spotify system sorts this based on how many tracks are in the digital package end the overall duration of the release). But a kind of drag-n-drop-lock system will be prefered. Although a single contains 15 tracks is still belongs in the single/ep sections. 

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2019-12-28

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active and recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request I encourage you to post your idea again in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion!

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!