[All Platforms][Music] Category for new and less known artists

Hi! I'd like a category for new and less known artists. Also this is divided by country inside the category.

I'd like to find new artists from my country or others and it's a little hard to find them without a little of help, specially find music from countries where you don't understand the language. If possible add by genre inside the country subcategory.

Updated on 2020-04-18

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form 🙂

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
Status changed to: Need more information

Updated on 2019-07-30

Hey @LiSA_jrock,

Thanks for bringing your idea to the Community!

We found an idea which looks quite similar here - do you mind checking it out and letting us know if it's the same idea?

If not, then could you perhaps give us a bit more detail about what makes it different from that idea?

Thanks! Keep us posted 🙂

Casual Listener

I just read that other idea. The only similar thing is to find unknown artists. My idea was more focused to find other countries not mainstream music (including different genres per country). There're top and viral categories section per country that I'm not really interesed because I'm more interesed to find more indie music and not popular music.

And about the other idea I'm not sure about limiting it to only under 20.000 listeners. Is not the number too low? There're artists with thousands of listeners who I don't consider them very popular either.

Regards,

Spotify Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-08-20

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here.

Casual Listener

What I like the most in Spotify is the possibility to listen to artists that are not mainstream.

My Idea is to create a category that represent the opposite of the classical ones like  "most listened artist" or "most listened song".  

I can imagine that if someone has, let´s say, 1000 listener, but those listener are going back to him/her regularly, it is worth to recognize him. 

And this could be a way to give him/her a chance to have more followers.

I believe Spotify have enough data to find the right way to measure it. 

Personally I will follow this category as it will allow me to discover new music.

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2020-04-18

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form 🙂

Have a nice day!

Luke