[All Platforms][Music] I will leave spotify on April 4th if this update is not removed

In response to this new update, I am giving Spotify until April 4th to fix or remove this previous update that took place on March 7th. This update has made the app unusable. The artist search option is completely removed, full albums no longer save, songs can only be searched by title and you can not even jump to the letter you want. This update was so ill advised that the person who gave it the final OK should be rempoved from that position in the company and reassgined to something as far away from app layout as possible. Further more, Spotify is only looking to fulfil its agenda, it does not care about the consumer. Look no further than how you get in contact with the company. There is no way to communicate over the phone, when you chat with them they all give you the same scripted answers making your issue seem like it doesnt matter, and does not look for any real significant way to improve. As you end the chat, their is a survey that asks how the chat went and if you were satisfied. It does not ask why you were or werent satisfied, it does not look to actually improve. By voting on this idea, this is letting the company know if the previous update is not removed by April 4th, we willbe leaving Spotify for another music platform. I am giving them until April 4th because accodring to spotify they review all ideas that get 100 votes on a monthly basis. Ideas to have the previous update removed have already reached more than 600 votes. Its time they give the people their music back the way they want it or we leave. While loosing all your music may be tough, it is not impossible to replace and it is certainly not worth the hassel and headache that spotify has now made it to be. Please direct anyone who hates this update to vote on this idea so we can let the company know we will be leaving if change does not take place.

Updated on 2019-04-28

Hey there, thanks for your feedback!

A similar idea has been suggested here.

Please add your votes and comments there :)

Comments
syebra09
Casual Listener

cawmilo

YES!!! Moved to apple music and i miss spotify, but with this new update, no thanks. 

cannajoyje
Casual Listener

100% agree mate, 

One thing that's annoyed me is that this update doesn't seem to have been rolled out to everyone yet so others still have the good older version

Makes me think that if they fully rolled it out then it would have been fixed sooner due to more voices against this update, in the meantime us users who have received this awful updatd version just have to suffer until Spotify realise what an awful change it is

I'm giving them until my next date a payment comes out of my bank before I change to another provider 

Complete shambles 

syebra09
Casual Listener
Ya but idk you think they might need our subscription money to change it,
I’m staying on for that 'hoping they do change it back.##- Please type your
reply above this line -##
commute1
Roadie

The most unnecessary update so far: 

IMG_5467 (2).jpg

It ruins Behind the Lyrics and brings an unnecessary learning curve. I`ll be quitting too if they continue to push this.

geraltofrivia78

The sad part is that moving to another service won't be any more troublesome than trying to follow each artist who'se songs or albums I've saved in the past manually. It's so frustrating I'm pulling my hair out.

It's doubly worse for me because I rely on offline mode a lot in transit (don't have an expensive data pack). In this new update, its IMPOSSIBLE to open offline saved albums. The search shows individual songs of an offline saved album, but not the entire album so I'd have to remember the tracklist and queue them in the correct order manually. It is SO frustrating! Tthe app is literally unusable.

cittauk
Regular

I have to agree with the OP. 

I mostly use my iPhone X or iPad to access Spotify (as I rarely use my old laptop anymore). I recently updated iOS to version 12.2 & only today (02/03/19) went to move a track I was playing (highlighted in green) to a new playlist then went to delete it from the original playlist. I was dismayed to discover the track being played was the same colour as EVERY OTHER TRACK (white) when I hit the 3 dots to edit the playlist. 

I swear Spotify employ tech types who tinker with updates simply to justify their job, not make functionality easy for its subscribers. 

I too have investigated a trial period with Apple as whoever signs off tech updates must be secretly working for the competition to make me consider switching after all my years with Spotify. 

Im moving abroad this year so when my subs expire I think it’s finally goodbye Spotify. 

cittauk
Regular

@cawmilo wrote:

YES!!! Moved to apple music and i miss spotify, but with this new update, no thanks. 

I guess its like like when I dropped Sky TV. You might miss it to begin with but you soon get used to being without it or having a different provider. 

jeymariofrompsn

I usually download all my music so I don't really have to worry about all the artists. But this works for my on my Android device (for some reason).

Rock Star 7
Rock Star 7
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2019-04-28

Hey there, thanks for your feedback!

A similar idea has been suggested here.

Please add your votes and comments there :)