[All Platforms][Music] Please let us skip over intros and outros, many are long others are silence!

Very simple and has been submitted at least half a dozen times.  It would be AWESOME to be able to skip over intros and outros for specific songs.  Take Homicide by Logic/Eminem for a recent example, when listening to music I don't need the first 13 seconds or the last 45 seconds of that song.  It was funny the first time.  But I'd like to listen to the SONG again, not everything else.  That's almost a minute of a 4 minute song, or about 1/4th.  If 1/4th of the song isn't actually a song, why can't we set a custom start/end time to skip over this?  There is a crossfade option, just not one that fixes this problem, so obviously Spotify supports starting/ending songs at times other than the beginning/end.  Would it really be the end of the world if we could trim up some songs?  At the end of the day, it leaves time to listen to more music.  As it stands, I have to exclude plenty of good songs from playlists because I can't add JUST the song, I have to add a skit, silence, or some other nonsense.

Updated on 2019-09-03

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has also been suggested here.

We have also merged the votes from this idea to that original one. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here.

0 Likes

Related Ideas

Comments
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2019-09-03

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has also been suggested here.

We have also merged the votes from this idea to that original one. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here.