[All Platforms][Music] Provide a way for us to follow all artists in our library at once

Ever since the update, I cannot find certain artists under "artists" anymore because I am not following them. 

Honestly the fact that you didn't make us automatically follow the artists in our library after the update was a terrible idea. Normally, one would simply just go and follow all the artists in their libray, but as someone who has over 5000 songs saved, it would take an incredibly long time to follow every individual artist. Please, either provide a way for us to follow every artist that we have a song saved of or make it so we automatically follow an artist when we save a song.

Updated on 2019-07-18

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has also been suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Music-Automatically-follow-artists-whose-songs-are-...

We have also merged the votes from this idea to that original one. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Comments
Geekboy
Visitor

I don't understand why we need to follow artists at all. I'm willing to bet that there is something setup where if you follow an artist, if there is concert near you, you'll be emailed. I don't go to concerts. I don't care about following an artist. I just want to listen to the music. Following an artist should have no bearing as to whether they show up in your artist list. I like to listen to all the songs I have for an artist, unfortunately, Spotify thought it was a good idea to remove this feature. What is the reasoning behind this? If you have an app that allows people to listen to music from various artist, one of the biggest features you should have is the ability to sort/categorize the music in virtually every way possible with ease. Spotify, you've turned around and made this worse. How can I listen to all the songs I have for an artist without following them?

Geekboy
Visitor

I figured out how to organize my music the way I want. I'm using Google Play Music.

Jemi
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2019-07-18

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has also been suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Music-Automatically-follow-artists-whose-songs-are-...

We have also merged the votes from this idea to that original one. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here