[All Platforms][Music] Song Grading and Blacklisting

I really wish Spotify had a heart grading option, from let's say 0 through to 5.

Obiously 0 would be the standard when you first listen to a song and the heart is grayed out. 
However I find it pretty frustrating that I can't really state how much I like a song, for some songs it's like '' Yea I kinda like this'' and others it's something I really love and I can hammer it on repeat when in the right mood. I don't really feel that I like many of my songs I listen to at the same level.

I wish the Heart system have like, different levels of color maybe - through dark green to light green and Spotify would create different sectioned playlists from your liked levels based upon this grading system.
For example, if 5 is the highest tier and 1 is the lowest tier - your grade 5 playlist would only contain things listed as a 5, 4th playlist would contain 4th and 5th grades and 3rd one would contain anything thats 3rd, 4th and 5th grade - and so on and so forth.

I just think it'd be nice to be like yea I just kinda want to listen to the general things I like and then you have you personal one-hit wonders. Also to expand on this it'd be nice for it to show you who else grades that particular song and the same rank so you can see if your friends like something just as much as you do. 

Also, probably stated before but I think you should be able to blacklist a song, some songs uproot bad thoughts or memories and can trigger a pretty down mood. There's been quite a few times when I've been listeing to a suggested playlist and it's jumped to a song which has really brought me down. I'd like to be able to prevent these songs from ever playing again - and if I ever feel differently about them at some point there should be a blacklisting secion on my account so I can undo the blacklisting. 

Updated on 2019-02-22

Hey @Glocket

A similar idea has also been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Music-Personal-Rating-of-Music/idi-p/179102

Regardless of status, please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)

0 Likes

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2019-02-22

Hey @Glocket

A similar idea has also been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Music-Personal-Rating-of-Music/idi-p/179102

Regardless of status, please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)