[All Platforms][Music] True Shuffle for Artists

Hello! I downloaded an artist's discography on my device and put it on shuffle, and was dismayed to find it only shuffles per album, instead of a true random shuffle. I would like to suggest a separate shuffle mode for true random based around one artist, so that I don't have to make specific album discography playlists per artist. If I may lift an idea from another music app I have, it might be doable by doubletapping the "shuffle" icon and turning it into a shuffle icon with dice, signifying true shuffle mode has been turned on.

Updated on 2019-10-12

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 18
Rock Star 18

@PeoplePossum

You can do this kind of shuffle on the Spotify Desktop version.

There is a way to do that without having to download anything.

1. Open an artist page

2. Turn shuffle on

3. Click PLAY (under the top name of the artist on the page)

It will shuffle the entire page.

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

Composer

Yes please! I miss beeing able to play all songs from an artist

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-11-24

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2019-10-12

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!