[All Platforms][NOW] Party Mode Live Group Playlist

I am a college student and attend many a party where everybody wants a share of the aux cord power. On the nights when I have been called upon to be on Music Duty I have found that it can be very stressful and put a strain on my night when everybody is coming up to me at each moment asking for a new song to be added to the que, checking in on their song to see if it's coming up soon, generally complaining about the music. I see this happen to every kid in charge of the aux at a party. Well, my buddies and I had an idea. 

Imagine, you can add a new song to the party que directly from your own phone. There is a Party Group Code or something like that which will allow people to remotely submit a song to que, without having to locate the primary phone or hassle the person who it belongs to. It goes like this: I show up to the party, Spotify is set to party mode, everyone uses the Group Code to join the realtime party playlist, each person has the ability to que a song that they'd like directly from their own Spotify app. 

In order to keep this process democratic, people will be able to view the existing que and Upvote songs that they would like to hear. The songs with the most upvotes will move to the top of the que, and the que will flow down through the next batch of songs that received fewer votes. Each person gets to add to the que, but everyone gets a say and a voice. The upvote will allow this. I think it would be best to leave Downvotes off, because that would allow the majority to drown out one song that may be special to someone. If the majority ques up many songs that get upvotes, the less popular song won't be played by the end of the party, but at least there's a chance. I think that to ensure equality of musical input at the party, there should probably be no skips, but that's something I will let y'all figure out. 

I know I have talked to some friends about it and we all agreed that this feature would make things so much simpler and smoother for folks. I also know people who use other platforms such as Apple Music who said they would want to make the switch to be involved in the communal live-playlist curation process. 

I know this idea is feasible if it is discussed and finely tuned, and I wholeheartedly think it could make a big difference in the way we do music in social settings. Please consider this, let's get the conversation started on finding the best solution to this issue, and keep me up to date with how things go because I would love to be as involved in this process as possible. 

Thanks so much for your considerations! 

-The Youth

Updated on 2018-06-17

Hey @lakeburchell

A similar idea has also been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Partify-Spotify-Party-Mode/idi-p/42115

Regardless of status, please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there. :)

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2018-06-17

Hey @lakeburchell

A similar idea has also been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Partify-Spotify-Party-Mode/idi-p/42115

Regardless of status, please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there. :)