[All Platforms][NOW] Spotify NEEDS their own share/social media platform. View friends' songs in app

First, Spotify needs to have their own platform within the app for sharing songs and linking profiles. Instead of having to share via messaging, facebook, etc., Spotify needs to have a platform very similar to Youtube's where you can share a song/artist/album/playlist with another profile. You guys are seriously missing out on the social media aspect for this app. Music is a huge commonality between people and Spotify already has a massive user base, but it seems like the individual user is VERY isolated from one another. If I want to share a song with somebody, it would be much faster and easier to have a direct message or group message to share with others. Additionally, there needs to be an option to "like" your friends songs. Maybe something within the direct message between two users that just says "User69 liked your song choice" or something like that. This would be a cool outreach to connect with somebody and share an interest. It doesn't have to be a complex, mass system like Twitter to find out what your favorite artist is saying, that already exists (Twitter). A simple platform within the app would create a really cool atmoshpere and much stronger user base. You're welcome.

I understand this already existed at one point (I think), but it needs to come back. I don't know why it was taken off in the first place. I could think of countless situations where this would make my experience much better. You don't have to get rid of the current share option, but this addition would only make it better.

Secondly, why is there not an option to see friends listening currently on the app? And why is the EQ option only on the phone, not the computer? This does not make sense to me.

Updated on 2018-05-10

Hey @bigbelly-us

Spotify used to have the functionality you describe, which is no longer present. The discussion regarding this is located here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Social-Bring-back-Inbox-Messaging-with-notifications/i...

Regardless of status, please add a comment here, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there. :)

0 Likes

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2018-05-10

Hey @bigbelly-us

Spotify used to have the functionality you describe, which is no longer present. The discussion regarding this is located here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Social-Bring-back-Inbox-Messaging-with-notifications/i...

Regardless of status, please add a comment here, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there. :)