[All Platforms] Navigation with Tabs (like in Browsers)

It would be nice to have the ability to keep several playlists or search results open in a similar fashion that Web Browsers use tabs to have many different pages open and easily accesible. 

Updated on 2019-08-07

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form :)

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-06-30

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-06-30

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

isaacspereira

Yes please. 

Sp0tifyer
Casual Listener

Not being able to open links (artist, album etc) in the new tab (at least in desktop app) is the only thing that deeply frustrates me in Spotify user experience.

Who wants to click 10 times the back button to hopefully get back to the original playlist that was playing when you decided to check out more songs from the artist that played an exceptional tune (then clicked on some other album they appeared on and so on down the rabbit hole)?

This is the only feature I miss every single day when using Spotify.

theoaronson
Music Fan

Really eager to see this added in next update. Just shared on socials as well. Encourage everyone else to do the same so we can hit 100 votes within 1 year period to get this prioritized for developers. I just tweeted it. Please share!

Screenshot 2019-01-14 12.47.47.png

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2019-08-07

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form :)

Have a nice day!

Luke