[All Platforms] Offline Devices: Warning before unsyncing a Device

(Title without character limit: "Warn users when they are downloading music on a 4th device so Spotify doesn't automatically delete music later")

Hiya!

I use Spotify heavily on my phone, and lightly on other devices. When I opened my phone today, Spotify told me something like "You can only download music on a max of 3 devices. Removing music from this device now."

That stunk! I'd very carefully chosen the music I'd saved offline on my phone, which is my primary Spotify device. I would have much preferred to delete the single album I had saved on my tablet, rather than the tons of playlists and albums on my phone!

I imagine it could be impossible or difficult to be able to open my phone and say "Wait, delete the music from my tablet instead." I wouldn't ask the devs to apply any remote changes to other devices like that.

I think the easiest to implement solution would be to users of this situation when they connect a 4th device. It will give them the opportunity to delete whatever they need to (such as my one album on my hardly-used tablet) instead of risking losing a large selection of music on their primary device, especially if they would have to re-download it over a limited data plan.

Updated on 2019-04-20

Hello there!
This idea has been submitted one year ago, but unfortunately hasn’t gained enough votes during that time (100 votes/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.
Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community. 

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-06-12

Marked as new idea.

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2019-04-20

Hello there!
This idea has been submitted one year ago, but unfortunately hasn’t gained enough votes during that time (100 votes/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.
Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community.