[All Platforms] Option to disable Audio Ducking

This has been posted and closed many times:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/All-Platforms-Audio-ducking-control/idi-p/1679592

But I think it is really important, especially on Android and I wanted to resubmit it and publicize it(a lot). Even if you LIKE Audio Ducking, Please vote for this!!! It's only an OPTION for crying out loud!! If you like this idea please share this post with your Spotify using friends and family!

Update: Idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2019-08-07

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form :)

Have a nice day!

Luke

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-08-08

Marked as new idea.

N22YF

Agreed - this is one of the more annoying aspects of the Spotify Android app for me. Poweramp has this option - I wish Spotify did as well.

theonturncloak

This seriously needs to be added as an option. It's incredibly frustrating, especially when listening to podcasts.

masivodano73

I would love this option. I don't understand why it's not there.  

HalB
Visitor

I have my notification sounds disabled, so audio ducking serves no purpose except to distract me when I'm driving.  Please give us the option to disable it.

masivodano73

It's really hard not to feel like Spotify doesn't care about it's subscribers when you see such easily implemented ideas to give us a better user experience.  

theoscat

This is crazy that it's not an option yet.

Iepoev

My phone (Xioami Pocophone F1) ducks audio for 3-5 seconds whenever a notification is received, even on silent mode! I am completely unable to listen to my music uninterrupted. Please make this an option because it is driving me crazy.

Arathal

I'm also gonna give my 2 cents on this topic:

First and foremost, this is an absolutely important thing to fix/add to spotify, because without it the experience is severly impared.

Now, I don't mind the ducking when I´ve set my notifications to loud mode, because I want to notice when I get messages (duh).

The nerve-wracking point is that the ducking still happens when the phone is set to silent mode, because the audio gets ducked without any reason (I set my phone to silent, I don't want to hear new messages).

Aviable Work-arounds atm are cutting the network (disabling Wifi/mobile data or airplane mode), which is bad because I don't get any messages, or using additional apps, which is bad because you have to use additional sofware for a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place.

See which option is missing? Correct, it's to receive notifications without impacting the music in the process.

The most infuriating point with this problem is that it exists for more than 6 six years (link to an old thread) at this point, with no reaction from Spotify officials whatsoever (and it might exist for even longer, this is the first thread I found after googling this problem).

Short rant over.

Iepoev

As some kind of work-around,  I was able to stop the audio ducking by going into my settings and re-enabling vibration in silent mode. Apparently Android is must always notify a user of a notification, so when the OS can't vibrate your phone it will instead duck the audio. Mildly Infuriating to say the least.