[All Platforms][Other] Ability to block songs and/or artists

I saw that this was addressed several years ago saying "After serious consideration, we’ve decided not to offer blocking/ hiding/ or blacklisting artists or tracks on Spotify at this time," but I feel it's an important issue to bring up again. Paying users should have the ability to block songs or artists from playing, in the same way that we can already block explicit content. Beyond blocking a song because you "just don't like it," songs can be very triggering for some people.  A listener may be reminded of a traumatic event and it could trigger a PTSD reaction. For example, I can't listen to one song because it came out the day my cousin died in a tragic accident and the song is literally called "If I Die Young." When I hear even the opening notes, I go into a panic attack. It's gotten easier over time, but can you imagine if a song was associated with a sexual assault, or mass shooting, or wartime event, or other exceptionally traumatic event that is unfortunately all-too-common in our world today? Hearing the song re-victimizes the listener, and Spotify is contributing to that re-victimization by not offering a way to avoid it besides leaving the service completely.

Updated on 2019-08-16

Hello there!

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Community. However, a similar idea has already been suggested here

You can find more info on how the Ideas Exchange works here

Comments
Papers
Visitor

How Did you still not implement this? 

thevaleyard42
Visitor

My sister and I were on a road trip recently and a song came on that her abusive ex husband used to play on repeat. This needs to be a feature. 

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2019-08-16

Hello there!

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Community. However, a similar idea has already been suggested here

You can find more info on how the Ideas Exchange works here