Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] Add an alternative german translation without "gender star"

Even though this idea: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Please-let-me-disable-the-stupid-Genderstern/idi-p/546... got closed with a reference to another closed issue here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/All-Platforms-Other-Please-make-genderstar-in-german-l...

I just want to open it again. The approach of ideologized language does not fit the valid rules of the german language and therefore it disturbs the whole experience with your service if language settings are set to "German".

Please understand that noone want's to cancel that custom version of the german language a minority of people share and use (it's actually only 10% of the population). We just want to have the native german language added back as an option. This wouldn't be so hard as you only have to remove everyting like "*innen".

I'd volunteer for the job of i18n that, if it's a matter of staff costs.

Just don't ignore over SEVENHUNDRED upvotes for that idea!

Please consider that idea. It's not hard to implement and would make the experience of Spotify better for the majority of your german customers.

Thanks!

inb4: I'll open that idea again, and again, and again. So please at least TRY to dialogue with us.

Updated on 2022-12-07

Hey @Sacer,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Checking for existing ideas”.

That idea you kindly sent us is still open for votes - feel free to add your vote to it in the thumbs up icon!

We just want to clarify that even though the status is set as Case Closed, it doesn't mean the idea has been rejected. We’d suggest adding your vote and subscribing to it to get notified as soon as we have any updates to share.

We’ve made sure to transfer over all the votes gathered here to the original idea.

If you have additional suggestions to add, you can leave your comments on that original thread. If you think your idea should be considered as separate, feel free to submit it again highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing one.

Cheers!

Comments
AlejaR
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2022-12-07

Hey @Sacer,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Checking for existing ideas”.

That idea you kindly sent us is still open for votes - feel free to add your vote to it in the thumbs up icon!

We just want to clarify that even though the status is set as Case Closed, it doesn't mean the idea has been rejected. We’d suggest adding your vote and subscribing to it to get notified as soon as we have any updates to share.

We’ve made sure to transfer over all the votes gathered here to the original idea.

If you have additional suggestions to add, you can leave your comments on that original thread. If you think your idea should be considered as separate, feel free to submit it again highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing one.

Cheers!