Announcements

[All Platforms][Other] Album covers on playlist page (tracks view)

Why dont you add mini album cover on the left side of the tracks ? 

Currently there are album covers showing up on "preview songs" (for free tiers)

While i preview the songs.. I can see album cover on the left side of the tracks.. 

I just wanted to see it all the time! 

Why you're not adding it ? Maybe you think youre saving my internet data.. If so,  understand this..

data is not a problem for me.. 

Add an option in settings 

Display album cover for Tracks view (toogle it off by default) so that mobile data preserved for limited internet users

Next, also add album cover when i hover the mouse pointer on the tracks(on playlists in the spotify desktop app and also on the left side panel  show playlist cover arts when i hover the mouse pointer on following playlists names)

What you're doing with your spotify desktop and mobile apps (in the idea/name of keeping it simplistic/elegant possible is doing nothing but ending up consuming users time as its making harder for doing track digging research)

I just dont understand why its so hard for a company like you to add "GRID VIEW" for the following playlists on spotify desktop and Spotify mobile app. While you could add grid view for spotify smart tv app and spotify web player. You should also be finding a way to achieve it on mobiles and desktop app.

Updated on 2020-04-09

Hey @btz1,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

We’ve made sure to transfer over all the votes gathered here to the original idea.

More info on how to search for existing ideas in the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Comments
hezorg
Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-01-11

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

btz1
Gig Goer

It's too bad not to see the album cover next to each song.

However, there is a playlist that shows.
Please look for Spotify's "Housewerk" playlist, it shows.

IMG_0862.PNG

IMG_0863.PNG

user-removed
Not applicable

want it everywhere for free tiers.

i cant upgrade to premium because i had issue with spotify payments system...contacted spotify but no use.

they keep exclusivity for payments from a specific bank's payment system (seems like that company wants to generate so much users..wanting everyone to use their bank...its shame that spotify acts as a sheep...too cheap )

hopefully free version will have it too... i also want album cover view in spotify desktop ... (on the playlists and inside playlist)

search for a music artist on youtube and youtube will display album grid view where touching the album plays the song...

too bad spotify is very lazy to update ui. 

user-removed
Not applicable

no amazon pay support is pathetic... this sums it up

https://www.reddit.com/r/india/comments/aw0ste/np_spotify_premium_only_accepting_credit_cards_or/

https://www.reddit.com/r/india/comments/axle5o/spotify_only_offers_credit_card_and_paytm_as/

i just googled spotify and paytm... and found the above two link which sums up my issue too 

stop catering to paytm spotify...

just in case someone reads this...i just wanted to say you will lose lot of users..

you probably will receive more money from customers (than what paytm paid you to keep their system exclusive and you turned into sheep for accepting their bs offers) 

Peter
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2020-04-09

Hey @btz1,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

We’ve made sure to transfer over all the votes gathered here to the original idea.

More info on how to search for existing ideas in the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!