Announcements

[All Platforms][Other] Custom Daily Drive

The new Daily Drive feature is an amazing concept and I would love to use this... But I don't like the content it generates.

The News/Podcasts

I think the biggest thing is that I cannot customize the news/podcast sources. Some sources are inevitably goin to have certain political biases that certain people will not like. Some sources may just not have quality content you enjoy. Or you may have your own sources that you prefer.

I'd love it if we could add our own, because then we can mix in things that aren't news sources too. For instance, I am a Christian and love to listen to some short, daily/weekly podcasts that would work great in a Daily Drive playlist like Ask Pastor John and Our Daily Bread.

The Music

I don't like the playlist it generates for me. It includes songs I don't like or regularly listen to. With Daily Mixes, this isn't a problem because there's multiple mixes that have different genres/artists. If one mix doesn't quite work for you, one of them will. However, there's only one option for Daily Drive. Don't like the music it chose? Too bad.

To solve this, I think being able to select an existing playlist would be perfect. Then you can select what mix, playlist, or radio you want tossed in with your news/podcasts.

Thanks for continuing to add really cool and useful features! Y'all are doing a great job 😄

Updated on 2019-07-12

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

Similar ideas to yours have already been suggested here and here.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Thanks! Stay awesome 🙂

Comments

Bump this. Even if we could just like or dislike stuff so the next day's content can be tailored more to what we want out of this playlist. It's a great concept but unusable with the complete lack of ability for user to input changes.

Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2019-07-12

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

Similar ideas to yours have already been suggested here and here.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Thanks! Stay awesome 🙂