[All Platforms][Other] Don't Play This Artist - Featured Artist

Spotify has an option to choose to not play an artist; however, even if you choose this option, if an artist is featured on a song it will still play. I believe that the feature should be expanded internally to block all songs on which the artist appears. It appears to be that the internal system that Spotify operates on already identifies those songs as categorized under those artists -- if an artist is featured on a song, it will appear on their artist page -- therefore, even if the artist is not the primary individual on a song, but is listed as a "feat." in the title, it should also be blocked. 

Updated on 2020-09-04

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion!

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

Comments
Brunelicia
Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-09-04

Marked as new idea.

charliie
Visitor

I wish the "Don't Play" function actually worked. I've had to repeatedly block the same artist for a month because they kept dropping remixes of songs they were on with two other artists that I follow. The "Don't Play" function seems to need a complete overhaul. 

Luan
Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2020-09-04

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion!

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.