Announcements

[All Platforms][Other] Gapless playback for TV and PC apps

Not sure why there is no option for gapless playback available on TV and PC apps. TV app is also a bit basic 

Updated on 2021-03-23

Hello there!

It looks like your idea was posted a while ago but, unfortunately, it hasn't gathered the minimum amount of votes to stay active in the Ideas Exchange (50 votes in the first 3 months). I'll mark your idea as "Closed - Not Enough Votes". You can learn more on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Have a nice day 🙂

Comments
Elena
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-10-05

Hey @Page394,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

This sounds like a repost of this idea.

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

And in the meantime you can take a look at this page to see how you can avoid silence between songs on desktop.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Davey-P

I can't believe that Spotify have still not enabled this on the PC APP. For anyone who listens to albums, gapless playback is essential. Try listening to Marvin Gaye's What's Going On without gapless, it destroys the ambience of the album!

Spotify shouldn't really have to wait until the idea gets the right amount of votes to look into it. It's like saying a car manufacturer won't address the fact that their new car hasn't got any lights until they get enough complaints about it.....

Potoman

Why on earth would you consider asking about a critical feature you removed a "new idea"? There's nothing new in there, it used to exists in the desktop app, it was removed, it still exists in the mobile app, just bring it back or explain clearly why you won't. I don't see why I should keep paying for premium while every album on the desktop app is butchered. And please don't suggest using Cross-fade it isn't the same thing at all.

Jose_M
Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Hello there!

It looks like your idea was posted a while ago but, unfortunately, it hasn't gathered the minimum amount of votes to stay active in the Ideas Exchange (50 votes in the first 3 months). I'll mark your idea as "Closed - Not Enough Votes". You can learn more on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Have a nice day 🙂

Related Ideas