[All Platforms][Other] Harmonise user interface across platforms.

I use Spotify on Android, Windows (Web), Windows (Deskop App) and iPad: they are all different, substantially different, as if they were written by different people without coordination. e.g.: playlists are organised differently, only some platforms allow nesting playlist folders, some others don't allow playing an album without needing to queue it. The Android application is particularly awfully clattered and confusing. In the Windows desktop app, the facility to access local music is useless. Some apps offer tens of unnecesary features which only add confusion.

This frustrates me beyond sanity as a user needing to think where things are, how to navigate the screens, what can or cannot be done depending on the device being used at any one time. It is time to do some housekeeping Spotify: de-clatter, simplify, harmonise your apps across platforms, please.

Updated: 2016-12-10

Hi!

Your suggestion was submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't received enough likes. In order to maintain the ideas exchange, ideas are eventually marked inactive. This does not mean that your idea has been rejected: if you still feel strongly about your request, you can repost your idea.

Comments

I agree totaly with you request 

Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2015-12-14

Marked as New Idea and edited title to make it easier to find via search. This is a reopening of the following inactive idea

Casual Listener

Thanks Blake for tiding up this request. I missed the previous similar one which is currently inacive: it did not get actioned for lack of kudos, so readers please, if you think this request makes sense, if not for you at least for others' benefit, please give it the thumbs up, thanks!

Casual Listener
I have been thinking a bit more about this request. And I asked to myself:

1) Why is it that I find it so frustrating using Spotify's apps?
2) What do I really want/expect to deem them acceptable?

Then I realised that both questions are answered from the same sentence: they lack structure; a SOLID, SIMPLE STRUCTURE to handle the enormous amount of data that is every audiophile's music collection.

I do expect being able to navigate through my playlists, albums and artists quickly. Not needing tto deal with the trillions of gimmicks,  menus scrolled from everywhere, floating/hovering layers, sub-menu buttons randomly located giving access to more sub-menus. The list can go on and on forever.

I do expect something along the lines of my favourites applications which I use for my local files:
  - Desktop examples: MediaMonkey or MusicBee.
  - Mobile examples: Poweramp or BubbleUPnP.

These have all in common a simple and solid structure, they are intuitive and easy to navigate (with minor exceptions). They deliver what I do expect from a media player software: find song/album/artist, play and file in my collection. 

Which proves that it is not true that different platforms warrant different interfaces. Quite the contrary, the aforementioned players are very similar in the way they work.

If you (reader) agree with this, even if is something not bothering you, please give this New Idea your Kudos: is the only way (it seems) a common-sense idea can be promoted. 
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea
Updated: 2016-12-10

Hi!

Your suggestion was submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't received enough likes. In order to maintain the ideas exchange, ideas are eventually marked inactive. This does not mean that your idea has been rejected: if you still feel strongly about your request, you can repost your idea.