[All Platforms][Other] Library tagging - management solution

I think Spotify’s user library would benefit from a tagging system. Instead of creating playlists for different moods, concepts, themes, etc... a system that can apply dynamic tags to artists, albums, playlists and songs would be super useful.

Application: user defined tag “chill”

this term is used throughout Spotify playlists but each instance is rather specific, usually pertaining to a genre. The idea of this system is that these tags can be defined and applied to any and all items in a users library. While playlists can be defined, building specific ones from the contents of a large library can be time consuming. Say I apply this tag to every album in my library that I deem as sounding “chill” - it could be applied to a bunch of different items spanning multiple themes, genres, etc. While “chill” is rather vague, i could combine it with other established tags to further filter the results to find the exact type of music I’m feeling at the moment. Example, “jazz” or “guitar”. A playlist or library segment could then be created, displaying all the items tagged with any combination of those three tags. The idea of a tagging system is to create library shortcuts for like content - an accessible and quick way to peruse content and manage large libraries. Is something like this possible?

Updated on 2019-03-09

Hey and thanks for your contribution! 

A similar idea has also been suggested here

Add your vote and comments in support there please : )

[Ideas FAQs]

0 Likes

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2019-03-09

Hey and thanks for your contribution! 

A similar idea has also been suggested here

Add your vote and comments in support there please : )

[Ideas FAQs]