[All Platforms][Other] Play Podcast from Bottom to Top (Oldest to Newest)

I've really enjoyed listening to podcasts. I am new to the scene, have enjoyed trying to catch up on my favorites (SYSK, Stuff You Missed in History Class, etc.).

However, aside from queueing up specific episodes there's no way to listen to podcasts in the order from oldest to newest (bottom to top). I'd like to see Spotify default to play in this order for podcasts to allow for a more streamless listening experience for avid podcast listeners. 

The implementation of this change would look like choosing the first episode or that episode the user missed. The order would proceed up the list of episodes until the listener is caught up on their favorite podcast.

Hope this detail helps! I'd be curious to see what others think!

Updated on 2019-04-30

Hey there!

You can sort the podcast episodes from within the menu icon to have it in the right order by release.

Comments
DEwerlow

Yes, this is so annoying! This should be the default behavior for the unplayed playlist (at least have the option to sort - along with autoplay and play speed options). Just becuase of this annoying thing my wife stopped using Spotify for podcasts and unfortunatley it's the same for me. I just can't use Spotify for this in a convenient way.

This needs to be fixed!

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2019-04-30

Hey there!

You can sort the podcast episodes from within the menu icon to have it in the right order by release.