Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] Please make genderstar in german language optional

Hello Team,

as i wrote in the subject, i would like to request you to create a second kind of german language setting, one "traditional german" option and one "gender sensitve" option for those who like this more than the traditional german.

For me i have to say that the gender sensitive variant of the german language is really hard to read and gives with every star within the words an opstacle.

Thanks in advance and best regards

Thomas

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Case Closed status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
Quadroluxinator
Agreed. Plus, I feel bering treated like an absolute dimwit, for only an
**bleep** could possibly think that only men can be "Künstler". ##- Please type
your reply above this line -##
ethersignal

https://vds-ev.de/gegenwartsdeutsch/gendersprache/gendersprache-unterschriften/schluss-mit-dem-gende...

Bitte gebt uns die Option, aber noch besser wäre es das ganz auszubauen und aufzuhören, die deutsche Sprache zu zerstören.

monipir

Kann nur zustimmen!

Bitte macht das optional (=standardmässig aus), so können es Leute, die es brauchen und wollen nutzen und der grosse? Rest? bleibt in seiner Suche unbelästigt.

Schöner wär's natürlich, wenn die Zeit für ungelöste usability-Probleme eingesetzt wird, statt für solche mindestens fragwürdigen Initiativen - da hätten alle wohl am meisten davon.

(Und nein es tut mir nicht leid, wenn ich die Interesse einer wahrscheinlich grossen Mehrheit über die peinlichen Empfindlichenkeiten von ein paar Fanatikern der "political correctness" stelle.)

Ingenium

Please introduce an option with traditional German, these asterix constructions are terrible for the language perception of the majority of Germans, disturb the flow of reading and destroy the beauty of our language. It is like reading the female purely exclusive plural form. It just disturbs. Many friends think the same way I do, but they have not created an account here. There is a high dark figure of annoyed people. I have been using spotify for more than half a decade and I am thinking about ending my subscription.

cmon25

As long as Spotify uses the gender star in the German language, it has abandoned its political neutrality. The Gender Star is non-Duden-compliant ("Duden" is the most important dictionary in the German language) and is actually only used by the political left-wingers (who partly prescribe its use for internal documents).

Lucbert

Please review this. This is not compliant with German language rules. 
ibam all for equality but his this not the way to go. 

if you must virtue signal, it would still be better to just use the female version instead of the gender neutral male version but please don’t use a *. 

WesselsStefan

Ich habe meinen Familiy Account gerade eben gekündigt. Auf einer Plattform, die nur für Musik zuständig ist, erwarte ich, und auch meine Familie, eine völlig wertfreie Form der Ansprache. Und die ist ist NICHT gegendert....

Mein Kündidungstext:

Ich trage die Verhunzung der Deutschen Sprache mit Gender Sternchen nicht mit. Sowohl ich als "alter weißer Mann", als auch meine Frau und unsere vier Kinder fühlen sich durch so eine Aktion wie diese, extrem diskriminiert. Ich erwarte für eine Dienstleistung die ich Bezahle, eine Wertfreie, Politisch Neutrale Leistung. Gendern ist nicht Neutral. Gendern ist extrem Links - und das Lehnen wir als Familie ab.

PhreakShow

Why is this still not fixed? Please remove the star and stop raping the (german) language.

it is cringey, annoying and unnecessary. give us a toggle at least.

Quadroluxinator

I am giving Spotify time till April to fix this and roll back the politization of their music plattform, which should - after all - be a-political. 

If nothing happens till April, I will cancle my subscription and move on to another service.