Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] Please make genderstar in german language optional

Hello Team,

as i wrote in the subject, i would like to request you to create a second kind of german language setting, one "traditional german" option and one "gender sensitve" option for those who like this more than the traditional german.

For me i have to say that the gender sensitive variant of the german language is really hard to read and gives with every star within the words an opstacle.

Thanks in advance and best regards

Thomas

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Case Closed status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
Buddie89

Hallo,

schön, dass ihr das Problem bereits umfassend beschrieben habt. Leider ist seit Januar noch nichts korrigiert worden.

Ich warte noch bis Ende April ab - wenn dann noch nichts passiert ist,  wird der Account,  den ich seit ca 5 jahren habe, gekündigt. Gibt ja Alternativen..

monipir

Da es ja bald April ist: Was ist eure bevorzugte Wechsel-Alternative? Ich glaube nicht, dass hier noch viel passieren wird :/!

Quadroluxinator
I'll give the "fruit" a try. 3 months free btw.
Quadroluxinator

double post, sry. 

phil51

This was enough reason for me to quit my Spotify account immediately. I expect an official and reasonable statement from Spotify why they decided to implement this "feature". Once Spotify decides to revert to traditional German I'm going to sign up again. 

@Everyone: Please speak up for this matter! Make your position clear, do not accept any indoctrination like that! The more people make their voice heard, the better. 

Edit: I went off to Tidal. Works fine for me so far!

Making

As long as Spotify keeps the Genderstar, I will not even consider buying the premium membership.   

giseler146

I have already canceled my Spotfity Premium account after approx. 5-7 years of subscription. I will not support such a political company with my hard-earned money. Even if Spotfity will remove the Gender Star, it clearly shows their ideology and we should expect more updates like that in the future. Who knows, maybe you are forced to listen to female artists for 5 min each day before you can access your music? Image the possibilities!

This made me try out Amazon Music and so far I don't miss Spotify. Unlikely I will ever return as a customer.

audiosonic

I don't think they will change it back to normal. This kinda stuff is getting forced upon us from almost all media companies and institutions. Most of us don't want this, but we can't stop it. Then we come to a point where young people growing up think this is normal and it becomes the norm.

Language, however, takes centuries to evolve on the basis of mutual agreement. This is forced, by certain people with an agenda.

der_terence

I actually feel personally offended by this. It is my personal freedom and choice to reject this writing. Forcing me to read it I do consider to be a political influence which is absolutely inappropriate for a music streaming service. What is next? Political influence through recommended song selection?

Quadroluxinator

I can recommend switching to Apple Music, despite NOT being an Apple fan at all.