[All Platforms][Other] Portuguese (Portugal) translation

Hello! I've seen that Spotify doesn't have a Portuguese (Portugal) translation, and I'm writing this to suggest, and possibly to help translating it. As Spotify today is the major Music Streaming App, it doesn't makes sense not having this translation, because it is one of the most ancient languages. Brazilian Portuguese is a variant of the mother Portuguese language, so, as an example, it would be the same to have Mexican Spanish instead of Spain's Spanish... I know that we're a fewer population, but still... The Brazilian Portuguese is very different than European Portuguese (spoken in many countries in Europe, including Portugal), while they have some similarities, there are certainly many differences in intonation, pronunciation, grammar and vocabulary. Hopefully I have your attention!!

Updated on 2021-05-20

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Comments
Luan
Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-09-28

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

LulaMarques
Gig Goer

I am Brazilian and I fully agree with Salvas18LK. I understand his/her suggestion since I don’t like to read text written in European Portuguese.

There is a spelling agreement to uniform Portuguese language that was signed in 1990 by several countries that use Portuguese as official language. IMHO it was a terrible ideia since it removes our culture traces (from all countries). It was signed only for business reason.

phabignu

I do agree. If there was only portugal variation I woulddn't feel like my mother language because the 2 country use some variation that are understandable but not usually the same in both countrys, thw way and words we use to express something sometimes change. so +vote for the portuguese people have more personilized app, remembering that african countrys that speak portuguese, use it more closed to the portugal.

SalvadorD18
Casual Listener

Thank you for understanding and voting!

SalvadorD18
Casual Listener

I hope this thread will get to his objective! However, this thread (https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Other-Let-users-choose-the-app-language-instead-o...) seems easier to happen, so I invite you to vote as in a way for us to have the mobile devices in the language that we prefer! My Android app was in English, but suddenly it appeared in Brazilian Portuguese. So, if we were able to change the app language, each person could have it in their own taste!

SalvadorD18
Casual Listener

Portuguese (Portugal) translation is now being implemented on Android! Thank you for voting! I'll wait for that to be fully available on the rest of the platforms!

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

The Spotify mobile app and web player now have language support for Portuguese (Portugal)

You can read more info in this news article here:

Spotify Is Rolling Out 36 New Languages on Mobile

SalvadorD18
Casual Listener

Great! I will wait for the update to come to the desktop app. Great news!

Jacob
Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-05-20

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Related Ideas