[All Platforms][Other] Spotify for kids!

When i was a young child i always used the CDs and mixtapes that my parents had. I couldnt read, but i saw the cover so i recognized how they sound. Using a CD Player is so easy even for kids that can´t even read but today most people dont use CDs or mixtapes anymore which means that the kids cant listen to them. But using the "normal" Spotify isnt easy enough for Kids when they cant read or dont know what to search for. It would be cool if kids could use a simple version of Spotify on a tablet for example where they can (skip; stop; last song) and listen to Playlists (green, blue , red etc) that the parents made for them. Maybe kids could even build own Playlists by drag and drop the current song (note Symbol in the middle of the screen) into a Playlist with a symbol like a star or moon circle etc and then the song gets added to the Star-Symbol Playlist for example.

Updated on 2020-01-28

You can find out more about Spotify Kids and where it's available here.

More info about the Idea Exchange can be found here.

0 Likes
Comments
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

There's already Spotify Kids but it's only available in Denmark, Sweden, and New Zealand at this time.

https://newsroom.spotify.com/2019-10-30/introducing-spotify-kids-a-new-standalone-app-for-the-next-g...

Hopefully it becomes available in other countries soon.

Status changed to: Need more information

Updated on 2020-01-21

Hey there,

Thank you for submitting this idea, we'll just need a bit more info in order to update its status correctly.

This sounds like something the Spotify Kids could help with - there's more info on this here.

Right now, the Spotify Kids app is only available in a few select markets.

If it's not currently available in your location, no worries - we hope to have it available in other markets soon!

Hey @Gigagoldfisch,

We haven't heard back from you, so we're going to close this idea now.

As @Katerina and @引きこもり have mentioned, Spotify Kids is already available in several markets.

However, you can always submit a new idea which suggests bringing Spotify Kids to a specific market where it isn't available yet.

Thanks! Take care for now 🙂

Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2020-01-28

You can find out more about Spotify Kids and where it's available here.

More info about the Idea Exchange can be found here.