[All Platforms][Other] have different artists with the same name identified as different artists

One thing that sometimes annoys me is that two separate artists who just happen to have the same name but completely different music are recommended to me as if they are from the same artist. Not only is it distracting for me to have a random song I don't enjoy the genre of, but its also harmful to the artists who this happens to since it leads listeners to a page that seems to belongs to an artist of an entirely different genre.

I've encountered this issue with the artists with the following names:

• Mercenary: Shows the page of the melodic death metal band named Mercenary, you have to scroll all the way down to the "Appears on" section to find the rapper known as Mercenary.
  • MyGrain: Exact story as Mercenary down to the genres and the rapper hidden at the "Appears on" section.
  • SYCAMOUR: This time, the page shown is to a metalcore band. Unlike the previous two times, the rapper isn't hidden in the "Appears on" section, but appears on the "Singles and EPs" section.
  • Equilibrium: the page shows a symphonic black metal band, in the "Appears on" section has some collab albums with a techno artist named Equilibrium.

For me, this is just a bit of an annoyance. The artists hindered by this not only lose some songs to other artists, but they presumably lose the money earned by that song to the other artist. This is a much bigger issue for the artists.

Updated on 2019-09-12

Hey,

If you find a mistake, for example two Artists under one Spotify profile, take a look here and you'll see how you can report it so we can fix it.

Thanks and have a nice day!

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

0 Likes

Related Ideas

Comments
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2019-09-12

Hey,

If you find a mistake, for example two Artists under one Spotify profile, take a look here and you'll see how you can report it so we can fix it.

Thanks and have a nice day!

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here