[All Platforms][Other] my username is being displayed as random numbers & letters

I have Spotify since 2016, and for some reason this past week my username was changed from what it once was to a bunch of random letters and numbers. Is there any way to fix it because it isn't only on my devices but my friends see my name as this random mess

Capture.PNG

Updated on 2019-12-04

Hey @Schweppesmen 

That string of characters is your actual Spotify username, which was assigned automatically to you when you created your account.

Fortunately, they aren't something you need to remember, since you can simply sign in with your email address.

Sometimes it's displayed like that in the app, but normally it should update itself after a little while with your name.

Hope it helps.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)

0 Likes
Comments
Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2019-12-04

Hey @Schweppesmen 

That string of characters is your actual Spotify username, which was assigned automatically to you when you created your account.

Fortunately, they aren't something you need to remember, since you can simply sign in with your email address.

Sometimes it's displayed like that in the app, but normally it should update itself after a little while with your name.

Hope it helps.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)