[All Platforms] Play Songs from Offline Cache

Hey,

So if we are caching Spotify data (deleted over 11GB yestarday), why can't we use same cache to listen offline music? Even if we don't have music downloaded, it should be available from the cache.

What do you think?

Update: This idea was reposted here.

Updated on 2019-02-11

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again :)

Have a nice day!

Luke

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-04-21

Marked as new idea.

PauloJMF
Music Fan

I fully subscribe to this idea. In fact there should be a single and unified cache for offline playing. If the music is cached in local storage should be marked as available offline. It shouldn't matter if the music is available offline because it was cached or I explicitly requested it to be. This should be transparent for the user.

PauloJMF
Music Fan

Adding to my previous comment, this would be beneficial for everyone. For Spotify because I'm sure people would use and value the service even more, while putting less demand on their infra (servers, storage, network ...), as more content would be pulled direclty from the local offline cache. For the users, because this means cost savings (no need to use as much their data plans) and, last but not the least, for the authors, who would potentially see their musics more listened to and as such get more money for it.

p_7b56-ogs1e

Agreed.  I want to be able to cache a radio station while connected to wifi, so as to not use any mobile data while I'm out driving.  This is not to be confused with the ability to download songs and playlists, as those would be for songs I already like and listen to often.  I think we should be able to select a station and chose to cache/temporarily download 30/60/90 minutes, etc.

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea was reposted here.

Updated on 2019-02-11

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again :)

Have a nice day!

Luke