[All Platforms][Playlists] Add specific users to a collaborative playlist to share it with strangers

Hi,

I have a collaborative playlist with a friend that we both like. However, we both want to share the playlist with other people BUT we don't want them to be able to edit it. The issue with a collaborative playlist ATM is that everyone has access. 

My suggestion therefore is: Please make it so when you make a playlist collaborative, you can choose for everyone to be able to edit (like now) OR choose specific users that you give the rights to edit the playlist. 

Spotify is an amazing program and I honestly cannot believe this has not yet been added. 

Updated on 2019-03-06

Hey there,

That's a great idea, but something similar has already been suggested.

You can check it out here.

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
nightauthor

Id be content with Spotify just making it possible to make a playlist secret and collaborative.

That way, people cannot search for my playlist, but anyone I share the link with can open it, follow it, and edit it. 

That seems like it would be the easiest implementation utilizing existing features. 

Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14

Well, that's a good suggestion but as other users said, there are many small changes to be made in the collaborative playlists prior to any other change

Rock Star 18
Rock Star 18

Interesting idea. You got my vote.

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2019-03-06

Hey there,

That's a great idea, but something similar has already been suggested.

You can check it out here.

Have a nice day!

Luke