[All Platforms][Playlists] Bring Back Email Notification for Playlist Updates

I used to get emails about playlists I follow telling me that they have been updated, now I do not get any. I tweeted to Spotifycares and they say that they have stopped sending notifications so that we do not have too many emails to read.

Updated: 2017-01-04

Hi and thanks for your contribution! Your suggestion was submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't received enough likes. In order to maintain the ideas exchange, ideas are eventually marked inactive. This does not mean that your idea has been rejected: if you still feel strongly about your request, you can repost your idea.

Comments
blake
Community Legend
Status changed to: Need more information
Updated: 2016-01-05

Hi and thanks for your contribution! Can you clarify your suggestion a bit? Did you go to this page and confirm that the 'Email' box is checked next to 'A playlist I subscribe to is updated'?

quatie
Music Fan
My question bia what happened to notifications about playlists when they are updated.
blake
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-01-06

Marked as New Idea and edited title to make it easier to find via search.

eldoc

An example of use of "removed" notification. I have a playlist which I update with my favourite findings from other playlists which I follow. It takes a lot of time to browse and search for new songs on all playlists I follow so when a new song is added to a playlist I got a notification and I can check it out and add it quickly to my own playlist. This makes it a lot easier to subscribe to many playlist and stay updated with latest tunes. When an Artist I follow adds a new album or single, well I have to go browse the artist page to see it... When notification was working, I could know about new releases in real time and getting to listen to theses releases was faster than now. .. and many other uses for notifications that we don't have now. I think that Spotify team should at least consider letting the user decide whether to enable or disable notification settings on spotify interface. Email notification for me are irrelevant as people when listening to music do not check emails at the same time and since a user could receive many notifications per day it will just be considered as Spam.. so keeping the notifications on the user interface is better and easier to manage.

zioneyes

I agree with this. I used to enjoy notifications of new artists now I do not get any emails and I cannot access these through the desktop app (Bell icon is gone!)  This was a huge reason I loved spotify - knowing when my artists came out with new music! Bring this back!!!

blake
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea
Updated: 2017-01-04

Hi and thanks for your contribution! Your suggestion was submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't received enough likes. In order to maintain the ideas exchange, ideas are eventually marked inactive. This does not mean that your idea has been rejected: if you still feel strongly about your request, you can repost your idea.