Announcements

[All Platforms][Playlists] Button to automatically add to a selected playlist

I’m often building out one playlist at a time. I would like to have one button on the screen that shows the current song playing that allows me to add the button to a specific playlist. You can select which playlist is currently attached to the button. It would go next to the heart button and if I clicked it it would send the song to a preselected playlist rather than have to go from More to Add to Playlist - Select Playlist. This would drastically improve the UX for those who are regularly curating playlists 

Updated on 2022-02-28

Hey! Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More information about it can be found here.

Thanks for your comprehension! 

Comments
Noah
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-08-26

Hey there, thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange! I’ve marked this as a new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. This idea is a repost of this inactive idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here 🙂

Gauler

+11111111111111

Spotify Follow For Follow

Likes for likes

denmark

danish

FOLLOW
LIKE THIS IDEA PLEASE i really really want this idea implemented!! 😄

Gauler

+1

Jose_M
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Hello there!

It looks like your idea was posted a while ago but, unfortunately, it hasn't gathered the minimum amount of votes to stay active in the Ideas Exchange (50 votes in the first 3 months). I'll mark your idea as "Closed - Not Enough Votes". You can learn more on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Have a nice day 🙂

mantramantra

In the mobile app, liking a song is as easy as clicking the heart button, but if you want to add the song to a playlist you have to open the drop down menu (the … in the top right corner) and select add to playlist. It’s the extra tedious step for me. It’s especially annoying when I just want to quickly add a song to a playlist. Why not make it simpler by adding an add to playlist button to the left of the heart button? It could be as simple as a little plus sign icon that takes you directly to the list of your personal playlists. 

Luan
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-02-28

Hey! Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More information about it can be found here.

Thanks for your comprehension! 

cotchoninha

totally +1!!!!!!