Announcements
Current information of our Google Nest Mini Offer can be found here.

[All Platforms][Playlists] Composer filtering is required for classical music listeners.

Hi
I listen to classical music the most.
If the film is the director's art, classical music can be said to be the art of the composer.
The ability to filter by composer is a must.

1st. Ability to filter music that I have saved in the playlist to a composer (which will be easier)
2nd. Ability to filter music from all of your sporty bands into composers

1st. Is a feature already provided by Apple Music.

Many classical music lovers, including me, are struggling with the transition to Apple Music because of song composer filtering.

Let me and many people do not worry any more.

(Below is a screenshot of Apple Music that supports composer filtering for my library only.)

985048040.jpg

Updated on 2020-04-16

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form 🙂

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-04-18

Marked as new idea. This is a repost of the following inactive idea.

Visitor

If there is one major weakness to Spotify, it is its populist and frankly patronising approach to categorising every piece of music as a song. Solo instrument sonatas are not songs; perhaps track would be a better description.

Please can we have a composer listing for those of us that like to listen to unabridged recordings of complete works, rather than a gallimaufry of unrelated tracks. 

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2020-04-16

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form 🙂

Have a nice day!

Luke