[All Platforms][Playlists] Get Rid of 200 Public Playlist Limit

Hello,

I have over 200 playlists, 235 to be exact, and most are for friends and other people, but they can’t see some due to the 200 limit on public playlists. I personally don’t see why this should stay the way it is and think there should be unlimited public playlists allowed.

Updated on 2021-05-23

Hey @nicolesonyaa 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Comments
Xenia
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-03-10

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We’ve gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

osornios
Spotify Star
Spotify Star
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-05-23

Hey @nicolesonyaa 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

AnimineralCodex

Hey Spotify family, 

I am currently working on a very unique project within the Spotify world.

I may or may not choose to share it on here at some point. 

The important thing to share here in this moment though, as it regards to this request, is that this particular project requires me being able to share more than 200 viewable public playlists on my personal Spotify account page. The completed project would actually require that I be able to have closer to 400 public playlists viewable from my personal page. I'm curious if I am the only person who is running into this issue.

Are there other people who are creating a large amount of playlists, and are desiring that they be able to display more than 200 on their personal page? 

I'm not sure why this limit exists. Perhaps it's a matter of storage? 

All I know is that this issue is currently prohibiting the finalization of a project that I believe will make a really cool impact in the world of Spotify playlists. 

Basically, I am asking for support in increasing the total limit of public playlists potentially displayed on a personal profile from 200 to more like 400. 

bensmith916
Casual Listener

Hey @AnimineralCodex I'm in a similar boat, working on a project that requires far more than 200 public playlists. Hoping we can get this issue more votes so as to get it more attention. Shouldn't be a hard thing for Spotify to do, just increase the public playlist limit. If 400's too much, I'll take 300. Are you involved at all with r/Spotify on Reddit or other online forums? Maybe we can garner some support and direct people here to boost its votes. I'm very eager to get this attention from Spotify, and I think it's possible with enough user interest.

Question for @osornios how many votes would it take for this to get some renewed attention?

Also @nicolesonyaa same question as to @AnimineralCodex do you know anyone else you could direct here to get this issue more votes? Maybe we can revitalize some interest here.

brunosetola
Casual Listener

I would love to share all my playlists with my friends. I have 306 numbered one that are shared yet only 200 show up in their Spotify. I have 1200 playlists in total and of course I do not share them all, neither would I want to, but those curated ones I really want to share with the world. I guess the only way is making them into MPs's and sharing them on Mixcloud. But that's a **bleep** of a lot of work. 

I get the voting thing and I can totally understand why not many people would want this option (my friends have no more than 10 on average), which begs the question why some of us cannot just have more to share. It's not going to clog up the internet if 50 of us can do this, no?

So apart from understanding you have a voting system, can you maybe let me understand why this is something that needs votes at all? What's the problem of having more than 200 playlists? Really, I'd like to understand it.

Thank you for your comments. 

A Spotify Power User.

bensmith916
Casual Listener

@brunosetola I 100% agree, I'd also like to know why this can't just be an easy adjustment to extend the maximum public playlist count. It's not adding a new feature, I'm sure somewhere it's in Spotify's software to limit public playlists the same way a playlist is limited to 10,000 songs, which is one limit I have no problem with, but to go into the software & change the public playlist limit from 200 to even say 300 or 400 shouldn't be a lot to ask. A couple clicks and it's done.

@osornios could you please let us know what it would take to extend this limit? What do we have to do? How many votes would it take and being this isn't a new recommended feature but simply an extension of the public playlist limit, is there any other recourse for advocating for this?

NPR2playlists

Hello,

I've created a project called NPR2Spotify which has made public playlists for every day's interlude music for NPR Morning Edition and Weekend Edition on back to around 1996. I run the program near daily to get that day's interlude details to make new playlists for. So far, the total is in the 9k playlist range.

I would love for people to have access to all the playlists, instead of only the most recent 200.

I've also begun doing the same for the All Things Considered show and am currently on the year 2003 working towards being current.

The project is on GitHub here: GitHub NPR2Spotify

Putting comment vote in and thanks for your re-considerations!