[All Platforms][Playlists] Make is easier to find playlists made by users

I'd really like a feature where users can post playlists to the public, see and browse trending playlists by other users and discover playlists and music through friends and other users with similar tastes would be a great feature to implement.

Something that follows the lines of the website 8tracks, where users can post playlists publicly and have other people find them easily. They can follow users who make playlists they like that listen to similar music, as opposed to currently finding playlists by needing to somehow know the exact name with no currently available way to search for new playlists based off of their content.

Many artists also post playlists on their Spotify pages made by the artist for fans and these could also be easily accessed on this page.  I think it would make music discovery a lot easier and more valuable, as every time I find a playlist made by a friend I end up finding so much great music I didn't know existed!

Updated on 2019-09-28

Hey there @Natswat,

We haven't heard back from you in a while about this idea. We'll go ahead and close this idea for now since we don't have any additional details in order to give it a proper status.

Keep in mind that there's already a board where you can share playlists you've made or view playlists from other users here in the Community. 

However, you can always submit a new idea with more details if it's about something different you'd like to see in the app. There's some info in this Spotify Answer.

Let us know if you have any questions, we'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a lovely day :)

0 Likes
Comments
Status changed to: Need more information

Updated on 2019-08-27

Hey there @Natswat,

Thank you for submitting this idea, we'll just need a bit more info to understand it first.

Would this be something you'd like to see in the app?

Keep in mind that there's already a board where you can share playlists you've made or view playlists from other users here in the Community. 

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply :)

Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2019-09-28

Hey there @Natswat,

We haven't heard back from you in a while about this idea. We'll go ahead and close this idea for now since we don't have any additional details in order to give it a proper status.

Keep in mind that there's already a board where you can share playlists you've made or view playlists from other users here in the Community. 

However, you can always submit a new idea with more details if it's about something different you'd like to see in the app. There's some info in this Spotify Answer.

Let us know if you have any questions, we'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a lovely day :)