[All Platforms][Playlists] Mark Played Song in Playlist

Make a symbol pop up next to a song once it has been played so that when a playlist updates you can see which songs are new and you have not heard yet

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2017-06-24

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-07-05

Marked as New Idea and edited title to make it easier to find via search. This is a repost of the following inactive idea.

Casual Listener

I'm glad someone else had already posted a similar idea. Is there a reason it has not been implemented yet? Becasue it seems pretty basic and it would help out people who love finding new songs. Also you did not respond to the end of my original post. I posted it again below if you would like to read. Thank you.

I've noticed that 314 ideas that came from Spotify Community have been implemented. It would be nice to reward those poeple in some way in my opinion. 

As a music industry professional this would be INCREDIBLY useful. I would be exceptionally happy if this was implemented!

Casual Listener

Hello,

My suggestion from a previous idea on a way to accomplish this idea.

Implement a "Last_Played" attribute for tracks and make playlist sortable by last played date. This is more useful than just showing if a track has been played.

I would be happy with a single bookmark in each playlist, giving me the last song played in every playlist, it doesn't even have to be visible. Just a menu option that lets me "resume" any playlist would be OK (instead of just being able to resume the current playlist, the situation today). 

A simple play-count would be great. One of the only things I'm missing from Google's music service.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2017-06-24

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!