[All Platforms][Playlists] Shuffle Mode for Each Playlist

Have you ever been happily shuffling along on a top hits mix, then gotten in the mood for classical, dialed up a recording of a symphony, started the first movement playing, then found yourself surprised when it jumped from the first movement straight to the last movement? "This isn't the order this symphony goes in!" you realize five minutes into the wrong movement, then frantically go back to turn off shuffle and start the second movement. No? Never? Maybe I'm the only one....

Anyway, it seems kind of arbitrary to assume that just because you want to shuffle one playlist you want to shuffle every playlist. Maybe you do, and that's fine, but if you're like me, you might wish you had the option to turn shuffling on for only the playlist you're listening to right now, and to have it automagically shuffle any time you listen to it again. You know, like it just knows "I want these songs to be shuffled all the time", but doesn't assume the same for every other playlist out there in Spotify land.

So yeah, here's my proposal to have shuffle mode associated with individual playlists rather than (only) a global parameter.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2016-05-05

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas