Announcements

[All Platforms][Playlists] Similar song notification instead of duplicate

I thought of a good feature. The feature is to reduce multiple songs of the same kind in the same playlist. Currently, if you try to add a song that is already in a playlist, it will say it’s already there, and ask if you’d like to add it anyway.... This does not occur if you add the “same” song, from a different album. Even though the songs are the same, it allows you to add it. The feature i would like is such that it would tell you if you are about to add a similar song. It could identify this by the name, artist, etc. It’s hard to know if you’re adding a duplicate song if the system doesn’t tell you, which is why I think this would be a really nice feature.

Updated on 2020-10-21

Hey @codysbaker9,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

More info on how to search for existing ideas in the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Comments
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2020-10-21

Hey @codysbaker9,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

More info on how to search for existing ideas in the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!