[All Platforms][Playlists] Spotify Drive

Hi guys!

I had recently been thinking of an idea that would actually be quite beneficial to a lot of people I think.

So here's the scenario:

You and your boyfriend/girlfriend/friend/friends start to go on a long road trip and you have your music playing as you're driving. You have a very different taste in music so thirty minutes later your friend puts on their own Spotify music. So you're left listening to techno with no words that literally makes your journey last ten times longer. 

My suggestion is that everyone has a Drive playlist. When you get into your car you and your friend/s press the Drive button on Spotify and tap your phones together. Via NFC the playlists will all be emalgamated to the master playlist (the phone that will play the music) and the songs are all shuffled so that you have a playlist that will shuffle for everyone's music taste.
I was thinking that each person would have a max of thirty songs in their Drive playlist so that no one person has more songs than the other person. I think that this should be a premium only feature (cue peer pressure) and I honestly think that this would be great. 
I could also see it being used at parties for music playlists so maybe the Drive branding might not be necessary. 

For connectivity I think NFC would be very useful, as would bluetooth. However I think an integrated Drive With Friends idea should be implemented where you have friends that you frequently use the app with. 

Also, a simple pop up to make the files available offline once you join the playlists would be a good idea because let's face it, not everywhere you drive has 3g+

This would prevent a design flaw where the master playlist would simply just play the phone owners songs when out of service.

Hope you guys like the idea!

-Neil

Updated: 2015-07-13

Hello and thanks for the feedback!

A similar idea has also been suggested here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Merge-Combine-Friends-Playlists-together-by-criteria/idi...

Add your kudos and comments there please! 😉

0 Likes
Comments
Community Legend
Status changed to: Duplicate
Updated: 2015-07-13

Hello and thanks for the feedback!

A similar idea has also been suggested here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Merge-Combine-Friends-Playlists-together-by-criteria/idi...

Add your kudos and comments there please! 😉