Announcements

[All Platforms][Playlists] Subcategories Within A Playlist

I think it would be cool if we could divide the songs within our playlists into different subcategories. I don't mean grouping similar playlists together, because we already have that with playlist folders. What I mean is being able to divide up songs in a single playlist with different headings, similar to how different albums will show a heading for songs that come from a certain disc (see the photo attached). If we could make headings similar to those in our own playlists, where we can choose what the headings will say, that would allow for a bit more creativity within everybody's playlists.

subcategory.png

Updated on 2022-01-19

Hey! Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More information about it can be found here.

Comments
osornios
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-04-19

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Jmouser10

this would be absolutely amazing. i really hope spotify implements this in the future.

EnChante

hope this will come soon cuz i have lots an artist that i love and creating the sections would be cool

Hamzahza19

Apparently in order for it to stay as an active idea, it needs a minimum of 100 kudos per year. I'll be sure to get my friends to vote on this too

Jacob
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-22

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

greguniverse01

On longer albums, there’s usually a break in the middle of the album, labeled as “Disc 2”, or whichever part of the album is next. A way to add these sorts of break labels on playlists would be very convenient for certain types of playlists. The breaks don’t have to follow the “Disc” names, and can be named to fit whatever the section of the playlist represents. These labels would be visible on mobile, too. There could be many organizational uses for these breaks, especially if there can be more than one.

nvandyk

Sometimes you create a playlist with songs and just keep adding to the playlist and you end up with 100+ songs in the playlist. You don't want to remove songs because you still listen to them but you want to start at a different part in the playlist. It would be great if we could place "bookmarks" for lack of a better word at different spots in one playlist to easily navigate to different spots in the playlist. 

Luan
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-10-11

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as 'New Suggestion'.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Luan
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-01-19

Hey! Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More information about it can be found here.

Elyar

This would be so great for creativity & referencing as a music creator - often I’ll hear something i.e ‘that synth sound at 1:34’ or anything that catches my ears and inspires me, but as of now I have to screenshot it and put it into a note and it becomes less likely I’ll reference it than if it was all in one playlist with time stamp headers/categories.

It could have a similar use for bookmarking podcasts etc. 

Env: prod