Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Playlists] Universally synced sorted playlists

I assume people are listening to spotify more on their phone followed by tv followed by lap top so I assumed though the apps may look different the sync will be the same.  However, the sync is different & only half way so to call it for the tv.  So far in order to sort playlist way you want you have to do it on desktop then it syncs with the phone.  But on tv it will only sync up to adding the new songs but not the order you sorted the playlist.  Considering listening to music on an app mostly has to do with playlists, orders, shuffle, & repeat this is highly inconvenient.  The app should be universal & alphabetic & especially the playlists should sync across all devices so the playlists show the way you sorted them.

Updated on 2022-01-19

Hey! Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More information about it can be found here.

Comments
nancya

I agree need to sort on all devices the same - Trying to use musixmatch and it stays all mixed and i want to sort by title on all desktop, Anroid Galaxy tablet, ios , soundtouch app !!    I have it everywhere!

The app should be universal & alphabetic & especially the playlists should sync across all devices so the playlists show the way you sorted them.

any help would be appreciated 

nancya

I agree trying to do the same with Musixmatch and the songs order is all jumbled as i originally added them to the playlist not knowing that was the order it would always stay in. Have changed all Spotify devices to show playlist in alpha title order (which is what i want) but when i goto Soundtouch app or musixmatch the playlist songs are all mixed up and i cant sort them..

HELP?

Katerina
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-04-25

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea - we've also edited slightly the title of your idea to make your suggestion more clear to other users.

This is a repost of this inactive idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

watson666

it’s an idea that needs to be implemented, so why is Spotify making us go through these hoops to get them to at least think about implementing it? It’s a feature that’s been missing for years on TV versions and countless threats have been opened. Just implement it Spotify. Why am I paying £9.99 a month for this?

SongifyMuse6
My point exactly! Even after the tv app updates the sync feature still not
available.
jim146

I'm sorry, but I've seen several posts suggesting sorting by alphabetical order and being able search in a library on all platforms. Isn't it just plain logic that this should have done from the get go. On the AndroidTV app and the Web Player, in order for me to play a certain album, as opposed to a playlist, I've got to scroll through hundreds of artists or albums until I find it and I hoping I don't go by it. 

This  idea is just pure logic. Is there anyone out there, who wants to search for album the way it's set up now on Android TV and the WebPlayer. This is way beyond an obscure idea, that needs votes! It needs to be done. By implementing it on the desktop app, you've already indicated that it's necessary.

mr_crippler

I completely agree! I wish I could sort my playlist in general from one device, seeing as there are alot of songs on it. You cant even sort playlists from phone (well at least for me), web player and PS4.

Jacob
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-22

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Luan
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-01-19

Hey! Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More information about it can be found here.