[All Platforms][Playlists] "Similar tracks existing in the playlist" warning

On Spotify, the same song gets to be published multiple times, either as a EP, or album, extended version, radio edit, part of a compilation, and so on.

Let's say a track is released as part of a mix, and i add it to a playlist.
Several months later, the same track is released as an standalone track, along with an extended version. I add the extended version to the playlist, not knowing i already have the mix version. So i end up with a duplicate. And this happens lots of times.

I suggest adding a tool to tell me everytime i add a song to a playlist, if there is already a song with a similar title by the same artist in the playlist, and if so, if i wish to remove it.

Thanks

Screenshot_20181006-232149_Spotify.jpg

Updated on 2019-09-05

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form :)

Have a nice day!

Luke

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11

I need this desperately. 😂 I have too many duplicates in my playlists. For now, the easiest way to solve this is to order the tracks alphabetically and look for duplicates.

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-09-08

Marked as new idea.

user-removed
Not applicable

Album pre-order...

lorinczithomas
Roadie

@user-removed wrote:

Album pre-order...

???

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2019-09-05

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form :)

Have a nice day!

Luke