Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Add comments to podcasts!

I’ve been listening to Podcasts for a year or two now and one of the biggest components of a great podcast is the comment section.

This is vital for a podcasts success because the comment section is where a podcasts community can connect with each other, which gives the podcast a little bit of flavor

If Spotify can add a comment section to its podcasts page, then it will most definitely kill YouTube podcasting and give you guys most of the market share 😉

and i know you guys love market share

Updated on 2023-02-04

Hey, again! It looks like your suggestion is back to the road, cool! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' again. See you all on the next mark...
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
GiveusComments

Even though I am subscribed to Spotify, I still only listen to the JRE podcast on Youtube. This is 100% due to their having a comments section. I envision that when JRE is exclusive to Spotify, a lot of his audience will go to Spotify in order to continue to listen.

Why not just add a comment section now? Stay ahead of things and avoid additional complaints.

cgroom88

Love how they call a "comment section" a "new idea". Really? How hard can it be to create a comment section? Do you really want to waste you investment on why people are drawn to youtube and JRE Podcast? I haven't watched or listened since he moved because when I did it was a shitty video quality and then even if I don't really watch the podcast as much as listen I can't read/comment on the opinions of others who do listen. It's not a community anymore with Spotify. Sucks.

maplespere
Give Spotify the time to make it right. I'm not giving up on them yet. If
they want the viewers, they will do what they gotta do.
Ducarta

I am a long time subscriber of Spotify and think the service and the platform is great but and I am confounded at the lack of community features in the application, in particular, the lack of comments on tracks. 

I have a request to the team (if you are reading),

1. Can you give us some insight into why this feature does not exist (pros and cons)
  2. If you can't make it, would you consider making a companion app (called Spotify Community or something cooler) that connects users to track comments and also this very forum for suggestions and the like?
maplespere

Spotify People - Clear and simple, you need a comment section.  Ducarta and I want to know, why don't you offer this feature already?  People like to stay on the page and read other comments and post comments.  You want your listeners to stay longer on the page, it is a good thing.  Gives you chance to advertise on the side for other vids or music options. 

HoleyMoley

You guys just got Joe Rogan from YouTube. You may notice that the comments section on Joe's podcasts was very active. People like to debate and react to things they hear from Joe. 

SarahMika

The only podcast I listen to ( and the only reason why I subscribed for spotify) is joe rogan, comments are a way that I have to see if the guess is good 

information12

This platform stinks without a comment section.

I joined solely to watch JRE podcasts.

I had a bit of a look around and Spotify has nothing to offer really without interaction I may as well listen to the radio or watch TV.

This platform is a joke.

Mamasheka

Comments would be a great addition. It makes podcasts feel more like a community. It gives me something fun to do when my mind wanders or I get bored listening. 

$$$ Hey spotify devs, it gives people a reason to repeatedly go back to the app and stay on it longer $$$

Hexabot

PLEASE ADD THIS

Other platforms have comment sections and it adds SO MUCH to the experience. Majority of podcasts will take questions from their audience and most of those use the comment sections from their most recent episode. And please make sure its comments for each episode, not just a "reviews" tab on their show page. 

I know you guys will eventually add this because it is such an essential thing to have with a podcast.