[All Platforms][Podcasts] Deleting podcasts

We should be able to delete podcasts from our history. I only tried a few to see if I liked listening to podcasts but I don't. The few I listened to keeps showing up on my main page and I don't want to see them. There should be an option to close podcasts altogether or delete them from our history. 

Updated on 2021-03-23

Hello @nazoz09!

It looks like your idea was posted a while ago but, unfortunately, it hasn't gathered the minimum amount of votes to stay active in the Ideas Exchange (50 votes in the first 3 months). I'll mark your idea as "Closed - Not Enough Votes". You can learn more on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Have a nice day 🙂

Comments
Luan
Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-08-14

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Malz1
Visitor

I am in support of this idea. I have listened to maybe 2 podcasts on Spotify in my several years of using their service. I am not someone who is passionate about podcasts. In the last several weeks I have started seeing podcast recommendations on the Home screen of the Spotify desktop app. One of those recommendations in particular is titled 'Hentai with Senpai' with a lewd hentai image. 

Now when I open Spotify desktop I have an entire section of podcast recommendations listed under 'Popular with listeners of anime **bleep**'. I wouldn't consider myself as someone who listens to real or animated **bleep** to the extent that I would desire Spotify recommendations for such. As I'm sure you can imagine 'Hentai with Senpai' is included in the section. I'm not interested in any of these podcasts and would like to manually influence my recommendations either by removing or resetting certain podcasts.

An associate also told me "I personally think the idea of being able to reset your podcast recommendation, or even blocking a certain podcast from showing up is well worth adding to our ideas board." I have not known this associate to lie so I journeyed here and found that this post already existed. 

I am confident that the use of this board will give us, and perhaps even other users of Spotify, the opportunity to present our idea onto the relevant team there at Spotify and for them to potentially implement it. If they do happen to read this post and see this comment, I wish them happy holidays from the end of 2020 and good luck in their development sprint.

Jose_M
Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Hello @nazoz09!

It looks like your idea was posted a while ago but, unfortunately, it hasn't gathered the minimum amount of votes to stay active in the Ideas Exchange (50 votes in the first 3 months). I'll mark your idea as "Closed - Not Enough Votes". You can learn more on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Have a nice day 🙂