[All Platforms][Podcasts] Make Spotify Original Podcasts Ad-Free for Spotify Premium Subscribers

The idea: Make Spotify Original Podcasts Ad-Free for Spotify Premium Subscribers. While Spotify can't control ads for Podcasts that aren't Spotify Original Podcasts, it can do so for those that are Spotify Originals. When I'm on Spotify I primarily listen to podcasts. I would be willing to pay for a premium membership in order to listen to Last Podcast on the Left and other Spotify Originals such as Solved Murders: True Crime Mysteries ad-free. This would be easy to implement and is already done by other podcast platforms.

Updated on 2021-07-21

Hey there,  

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. 

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Checking for existing ideas”.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

If you think your idea should be considered as separate, feel free to submit it again highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing one.

Cheers!

Comments
PP52
Casual Listener

To encourage podcast makers to publish podcasts without adds, Spotify could also consider paying podcast makers, similar as they pay musicians: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Podcasts-Pay-All-Podcasts-Producers/idi-p/5214822

anna_c
Casual Listener

It's my understanding that Spotify does pay the creators of Spotify Original podcasts. Currently the podcast industry as a whole has an ad-supported business model, and it seems impractical for Spotify to negotiate with every single podcast creator out there. Previous requests have been shot down by Spotify because people were asking for ALL podcasts to be ad-free for premium subscribers. My ask is deliberately more narrow make sure but it's something Spotify can actually do. Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

Mihail
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-07-21

Hey there,  

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. 

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Checking for existing ideas”.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

If you think your idea should be considered as separate, feel free to submit it again highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing one.

Cheers!