[All Platforms][Podcasts] Podcasts in Egypt

Make podcasts available in Egypt.

Updated on 2021-05-20

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Comments
Mario
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-10-19

Hey there,

Thanks for submitting this to the Idea Exchange!

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Moudi

Why isnt it available already! You have exclusive rights to JRE and I'm a premium member and I cant even listen to my favorite podcast....

SallySalama

Just curious, how do some people in Egypt have access to podcasts and some don't?

Moudi

It's not based on IP or location because i've tried a VPN. My friend originally purchased spotify in the U.S and it works for him here. 

Manargamie
Regular

Why aren't they available in the first place? No other apps do this.

We get false advertising, too.

Mohamed55

i dont get why we dont have that feature yet!! there is tons of people that want it. like we get advertisements for podcasts but we dont have podcasts at all? this is a **bleep**ing joke

GasserAlwasify

+1 on this! lots of people from Egypt listen to podcasts and Spotify is missing out.

mbeltagy

Super annoying... It has gone on for long enough... I honestly do not get why this feature was blocked in the first place!

Moudi
You're right, I guess there is some licensing issues to be sorted, but
spotify has exclusivity over some podcasts and they don't even make those
available.
Mohamed55

i don't think its licensing issues honestly, Deezer and Anghami have alot of podcasts that they licensed to the Egyptian market easily. Spotify is just being lazy. We pay for a service that doesn't even value us or our money. We pay for the service yet we don't get all the premium features. Also they just emailed me about the new Obama podcast on their platform even though there are no podcasts here!! i don't get their point of doing this honestly.