Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Podcasts in Egypt

Make podcasts available in Egypt.

Updated on 2021-10-28

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and for your effort and engagement in voting to make this happen.

Even though this idea was previously closed, the votes kept coming in and we're now extremely happy to announce that podcasts in Egypt is now available on Spotify.

Thanks to everyone of you for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

We really hope that you'll enjoy our podcast content.

Take care 🙂

Comments
Moudi

It's not based on IP or location because i've tried a VPN. My friend originally purchased spotify in the U.S and it works for him here. 

Manargamie

Why aren't they available in the first place? No other apps do this.

We get false advertising, too.

Mohamed55

i dont get why we dont have that feature yet!! there is tons of people that want it. like we get advertisements for podcasts but we dont have podcasts at all? this is a **bleep**ing joke

GasserAlwasify

+1 on this! lots of people from Egypt listen to podcasts and Spotify is missing out.

mbeltagy

Super annoying... It has gone on for long enough... I honestly do not get why this feature was blocked in the first place!

Moudi
You're right, I guess there is some licensing issues to be sorted, but
spotify has exclusivity over some podcasts and they don't even make those
available.
Mohamed55

i don't think its licensing issues honestly, Deezer and Anghami have alot of podcasts that they licensed to the Egyptian market easily. Spotify is just being lazy. We pay for a service that doesn't even value us or our money. We pay for the service yet we don't get all the premium features. Also they just emailed me about the new Obama podcast on their platform even though there are no podcasts here!! i don't get their point of doing this honestly.

Manargamie

Honestly yeah I get the feeling that they're being lazy/don't care enough. Licensing shouldn't be a problem.

meldessouky

WHERE ARE THE PODCASTS?? 

khaledhn1

I Just got off a chat with a Spotify support agent and it seems they have no **bleep**ing idea why podcasts aren't available in Egypt...He said he'll forward our conversation to someone to could help but at this point I'm starting to lose hope..